Sunday, October 24, 2010

Irritation and Frustration

I am doing all I can to keep this diet right.  To try and eliminate cross contamination.  I bought new pans that are only to be used by me for GF cooking, yet I get attitude from my boyfriend because he thinks I'm "over reacting and taking it too far"  REALLY??  Are you serious??  "before you started this diet you were eating breads and stuffing  without worrying about it, you knew about the celiac, but you were fine eating it then and didnt worry about it?"  Okay here is my response to that.  Yes, I have known about my celiac since Dec 2009.  However i was in serious denial.  I already had eating problems, being a very picky eater, and being underweight and not being one who can force food she doesnt like into her mouth like other people can.  It took many steps for me to get to where i am today.  It had to start with feeling better about myself as a person first.  If that didnt happen I knew a GF diet would never be possible.  Another thing I knew I needed before a GF diet, proper teeth.  Yes the CD made me so malnurished that it destroyed my teeth, no matter how hard i tried to keep them clean and brushed.  At the time I found out, I did not have proper size dentures and couldn't eat with them.  There are a lot of GF foods that are difficult to eat without teeth.  Once I got those, I cut my hair, started to go tanning, and just feeling better.  I know i am not over reacting, it may even be that i am not doing enough, i dont know.  But it is frustrating and irritating that he doesnt want to understand my needs like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment