I started my Gluten Free journey Oct.13, 2010. I have needed to start a GF diet due to Celiac for 10 months now, but was scared because of the notion that all foods GF would taste like Cardboard. Boy was I wrong. Now I am blogging my experiences with GF foods. So follow me down this lifelong journey. Please read "The first day of the rest of my life" and "Recommended Books" Both Posted Oct. 13, 2010.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Two kitchens in one
So last night I started the daunting task of taking my kitchen and making it two without having to pick up a hammer and saw blade (I don't think my mom would have liked that Idea...lol) Other than one small cupboard for my snacks, the kitchen is basically split in half, storage wise anyway. My GF food is by the back door on a bookshelf we bought. The counter just to the left of it has a sign behind it that says "Please!! No Non GF food allowed on this counter" It may not be necessary, but my family tends to forget short term, so it may be a while before they learn. My mom bought me a beautiful set of Paula Dean Porcelin Pots and Pans and they are under the counter, along with my own silverware...again my family needs reminders. I'm proud of myself because it really is hard trying to figure out where to put stuff that you really have no room for.
Labels:
celiac disease,
diet,
gluten free
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment