Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stadium Dog with ATTITUDE!

DAY 4: Started early with not much sleep.  I had a game to get to!  So what am I going to do while there are Pizza's and Runza's going up and down the isle of the stadium?  I decided to pack some of my GF snacks and stick them in a string bag to take with me to munch on when the urge took aim at my mind.  I portioned out a few snack baggies of roasted peanuts, Nut-Thins, Stretch Island fruit leathers, and some Enjoy Life Snicker Doodles.  On the way stopped and got some fries at McD's before we got to the stadium to help with the hunger.  I was fine at first, not even thinking about it.  Until I heard "Valentino's Pizza!" just 3 seats from where I was sitting!  Here it came, that urge to get a slice and just eat a few bites.  NO!  So I get into my sack and grab some of my food.  It worked, anytime I just got that itch, I grabbed the cure.  Then the True Test came when my Boyfriend got a Runza, oh did I long for a bite of that homemade bread, beef, and cabbage!  And the smell, oh the smell was the kick in the stomach.  So I decided to go grab something from the concessions stand that had meat in it to try and kick right back.  The first one was the burger stand, where I asked for a cheese burger with no bun, however they already had all their patties on the buns.  Okay no problem.  Plan B: Find the hot dog stand.  "Do you have hot dogs that have NOT been placed on buns yet" "Yes" "Okay, I need two hot dogs WITHOUT buns" "Um we can't do that because of inventory purposes" "WHAT?  I can't have wheat so don't want the buns, throw the buns in the trash for all I care, it would be no different than if you gave me the buns and I threw them in the trash!" "Well you will still have to pay the $3 dollars a piece for them" "I know this here"  OMG I can't believe the attitude this "Lady" was giving me!  So I got my stadium dogs and used the wrapper for some ketchup and mustard and ate away, this was the answer.  I had no problems after that.  I ate all my peanuts and crackers and a fruit leather, and don't forget the Snicker Doodles! (again I HIGHLY recommend them!).  After the game, we drove around looking for a Chili's Bar and Grill because I found out in my grocery shopping guide* that they have a GF menu.  Couldn't find the Chili's so called my mom, no answer.  Then I called my brother (who is half the country away from me) and he looked it up and gave me the address.  Thanks Jamie! =)  There was a wait, but I was willing to wait for a GF menu, then try and figure out on my own what was or wasn't GF.  I asked the waiter about the menu and they printed one out for me.  It included all the items the ALREADY had on the menu that was GF by the manufacturer of their ingredients.  I had the Sweet Corn Soup, Grilled BBQ Chicken Salad with House Ranch, and Mashed Potatoes w/o gravy. (BTW if you go to http://www.chilis.com they have a downloadable PDF of their allergy information for all Chili's locations).  So again it is a success!  Another completely GF day!  However, this is a journey, right?  I have learned to NOT eat so many peanuts and crackers during the day, exspecialy when I am standing for most of it!

* Gluten-Free: Grocery Shopping Guide 2009/2010 Edition by Matison & Matison

No comments:

Post a Comment