Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our Halloween Evening

First before I talk about my Halloween evening, I want to say that I have found it much easier to ask my requests while eating out, or even at a gas station much easier.  I'm quite shy when it comes to face to face interaction with people I DON"T know.  However, there was a gentleman working at the truck stop when mom and I were there earlier this week went out of his way for me.  I was in the mood for a hot dog, however they had flour tortillas on the rollers with the hot dogs.  Bummer.  So when we went to the register he asked us how we were, and i just said, well okay i guess, hungry for a hot dog but I am unable to eat the ones they have.  He asked why so I told him and he said that he would gladly go to the freezer, get a fresh one and just stick it in the microwave so there would be no problem.  I didnt ask him, he just offered.  He did not have to do that but he did, it shows that there are people out there who care, and dont think that people are just over reacting about it.

So, anyway, since I do have children, my Halloween is usually a day or two early, ya know, haunted houses and scaring other people.  While we were at scary acres, wes asked if I was hungry, and I was, though i had some snacks before we went I was still hungry.  While waiting in line, he kept mentioning pretzles and funnel cake, which would have been what i would have got any other time.  I never said anything, wondering if he would realize what he was saying and he did.  He then told me we could go out to eat when we got done, I told him that would be alright.  So after having the bajibees (is that a word?) scared out of me we got on the road.   He asked where I wanted to go eat.  I told him to pick and I would work out what i would eat when we got there.  Oh yeah I forgot, earlier that day I got my GF Dining out cards in the mail that I got from Cecelias Marketplace ( http://www.ceceliasmarketplace.com/gf-dining-out-cards.html ) It has the foods i can and cannot have, possible hidden gluten, and a warning on the other side.  We decided to go to Old Chicago and I ordered a grilled chicken salad.  Wes and I stepped outside for a few minutes and when we returned the cook was waiting at our table.  He had the card in his hand that i gave to the waiter, and asked if cheese would be okay, i told him yes but no bread products and to change gloves.  He told me that he had already prepared a spot on the line just for my food and told the other cooks not to go near it, and then he told me thank you for having the card, it really is nice to see something like that to know what they can and cannot do.  The meal was good, great actually.  Not only the food, but the talk that wes and I had.  I told him more about what was going on and why i was being the bitch that i was about my food, counter, and pans.  He is having a hard time understanding.  But he was very attentive tonight, and really listening to me and what i was saying.  I have noticed the kids getting better about it too.  Mainly Lee, he asks me many times if i can have something, or tell me its time for my blood test and shot.  I'm glad that they are young, and won't remember much about before my era before GF, so it will become second nature to them, it was a very good night =)

No comments:

Post a Comment