So today is day 2 of my GF diet. Its gone well today though most of the day i was sleeping. I never realized how tired I really was, and was able to actually sleep without being woke up by my CD symptoms. I went to my local HyVee once I woke up to get a few more GF foods to start stocking up my cupboards and freezer with the foods I have tried and liked. So far Amy's Macaroni & Cheese made from Rice Pasta is my favorite meal and Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almond and Rice Nut-Thins are my favorite GF snack. These are usually found in the Health Market section of HyVee, if you can't find them ask one of the employees if they carry the products.
When my kids got home from school we decided to go to another HyVee that was having a GF Gala. They were having GF tastings for some of the foods that they carry. Some of the stuff that they had were Kettle Kitchen Chili, snicker doodles, corn cakes, and chocolate cake. I was amazed at how good some of it was, and one of the dietitions pointed out some of her favorite pastas that she uses at home. I got lots of free samples, coupons, and even an entire sack of GF foods that I got for 10% off.
Another thing that I did today, I asked our local Burger King and McDonalds if they fry their fries in seperate oils so that there is no gluten contamination in the fry oil. They both do. So I know that i am able to eat out there. Burger King I would get a Tendergrill with no bun with some lettuce and tomato and an order of fries.
we had a lot of fun today and I agree the snickerdoodles were fantastic
ReplyDeleteBTW...Mommapig is my mom =)
ReplyDelete