Friday, November 5, 2010

Much needed Date night turned Great Night!!

My man and I have needed a well deserved date night for a while now.  With the added GF diet it has put a bit of a strain on things around the house and when going out and about.  He is trying to learn and understand what it is that i need of him and what is going on with me.  While I am still trying to understand and learn everything I can having CD it is harder for someone without it to understand as well.  So this morning i made a plan to take him out for the evening.  My mom agreed to watch the kids for us.  I decided to go to Applebee's after finding a Wheat Allergy Information sheet on their website with dishes that do not contain wheat.  Though it is not a GF list I figured that ordering some grilled chicken without a marinade or sauce would work, along with some almond rice pilaf and some broccoli would do fine.  We got to the restaraunt and as soon as my server came to our table I handed her my allergy card.  It also helped that I knew the server from my son's cub scouts pack, which was an added plus that i knew i would be well taken care of.  She took it directly to the manager before even taking our order to let them know of the situation.  She came back with the same list that i had printed off, though there's was out of date and took our order taking note of every detail i had requested down to the use of utensils and cleaning of the grill.  She turned the otder in and returned to inform me that the manager cleaned the grill and got everything ready herself and was standing in the kitchen observing the only cook allowed to cook my meal and not letting the other cooks in the area my food was being prepared.  I was very grateful knowing this.  After receiving our dinner, the managers stopped by many times to make sure everything was okay.  Again this proves that CD is a hidden blessing because i am sure that no one else in the restraunt was getting this much attention to detail with their order *i'm not saying that theirs was being pushed aside but the managers weren't standing back there on a busy friday night watching the cooks do everyone's orders*  Once we were done with our meal I asked to speak with the managers personally to thank them for their attention to our order.  They asked a few questions about CD and I was more than happy to answer them.  I also told them I would be writing a letter to Applebee's on their above and beyond service and that I will return knowing that i will be taken care of with the utmost respect.  When we left I took him to see Paranormal Activity 2...wow that was a great movie and I highly recommend it to the horror movie lover.  I am glad that the night turned out great, better than I had ever hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment