Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What's for Dinner?

So, this time it is about food I have/are trying.  Yesterday while grocery shopping I found a McCormicks deal with premeasured seasoning and a recipe card with it...hmmm...that looks good.  So last night I tried the Garlic Lime Chicken Fajita's.  OMG it was sooooooo good.  I just substituted the flour tortillas with corn tortillas for me while my mom and wes had their flour tortillas. (kids had subway pizza while we were shopping since it was late in the afternoon)  So that is a definate going to make again meal.  Right now as I am writing I'm having some foster farm chicken breast grilled strips with garlic and herb seasoning from Tone's (you will find i use garlic on EVERYTHING! =) ) with some brown/wild rice and Great Value Honey BBQ sauce.  While we are on the topic of Foster Farms, I made a huge stride today.  I am not good at calling places to ask questions, don't know why I'm just not.  But I called them today to make sure that the chicken broth used with the grilled strips is indeed GF and it is, along with asking if there is possibility for contamination.  They said there is always a possiility however they sanitize the lines after each product so it is a minimal chance.  SWEET! =)  Anyway, so my ol man is a bit tired of chicken over the past few days so I am going to make Mrs. Leepers cheeseburger mac tonight for supper for all of us.  Hopefully that goes over well because I could in no way eat a box on my own and H.H. to me is not good as leftovers.  So we will see.  I think tonight also that I am going to bake more Alton Brown Chewy GF cookies, without the white chocolate chips and instead do half semi-sweet, and half PB chip morsels.  Should taste good and the kids will enjoy making them with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment