I started my Gluten Free journey Oct.13, 2010. I have needed to start a GF diet due to Celiac for 10 months now, but was scared because of the notion that all foods GF would taste like Cardboard. Boy was I wrong. Now I am blogging my experiences with GF foods. So follow me down this lifelong journey. Please read "The first day of the rest of my life" and "Recommended Books" Both Posted Oct. 13, 2010.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Thanksgiving...
So with Thanksgiving fast approaching my biggest challenge is about to be right in front of my face. I used to be a stuffing addict, literally I would eat stove top chicken stuffing more than once a day. I know I could easily do it in my own kitchen, however, thanksgiving is going to be at my mother in laws, where it is on HIGH gluten alert! I doubt a single counter or spot in the kitchen is GF. I told her that yes we will be there however I will be bringing my own dinner. She kind of gave me a look and i told her, I can't risk cooking with my own pans even in her home. My plan is to order a GF turkey dinner from Whole Foods and pick it up thanksgiving day. I just hope that i can resist the stuffing this year. If I can do that, I know I can do anything.
Labels:
celiac disease,
diet,
gluten free,
thanksgiving,
whole foods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment