I started my Gluten Free journey Oct.13, 2010. I have needed to start a GF diet due to Celiac for 10 months now, but was scared because of the notion that all foods GF would taste like Cardboard. Boy was I wrong. Now I am blogging my experiences with GF foods. So follow me down this lifelong journey. Please read "The first day of the rest of my life" and "Recommended Books" Both Posted Oct. 13, 2010.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Quaker Grits
So I love grits! However I am really picky about the brand and taste. Great Value is fairly good, though they say there is a possibility of cross contamination in the facility. ok Out they go. Quaker says they wont guarentee the gluten content or lack thereof because of the possibility of cross contamination during the shipping of the product to their facility before being cooked/processed, basically to cover their rear. So, out they go. Has anyone tried any confirmed GF grits? I really want some grits right now, it's a huge craving but I don't want to take the chance. I have rarely been in the bathroom the past couple of days and would like to keep it that way. This GF thing is really starting to get frustrating with all the ingredients you have to know and entrusting my body with companies. It makes me feel like I should buy a farm and process everything i would ever eat on my own to ensure there is no gluten.
Labels:
celiac disease,
diet,
gluten free,
grits,
quaker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment