Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Day is almost here!!!

And I have finally found a great stuffing recipe thanks to a lady on the CSA Facebook Page.  Here it is:

• G-F loaf of bread, cut up
• 2 T oil
• 3 cups chopped celery

• 2 cups chopped onions
• 1 tsp. salt
• fresh sage, cut up (not too much)
• 1 chopped red pepper
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 2 cups G-F chicken stock

Directions: saute red pepper and onions in 2 T oil in lg. frying pan over med. heat until soft. Add spices. Pour in chicken stock. Stir in bread until fully saturated. Place in oven-safe baking dish in 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes, covered with foil, until done. 


Okay, so, when I made it, I used ground sage, no celery *forgot to buy it at the store, and too dang cold to go outside again* and only made a half recipe since it will only be for me.  I also added some tones Garlic and Herb seasoning, poultry seasoning, and some ranch seasoning.  OMG it is sooo yummy!!!  I highly recommend it.

I also made some BBQ Chicken Bake tonight.  Got it off recipe.com.  It called for Original Bisquick but substituted my GF Bisquick.  It was really good, though i messed up the recipe because the recipe never says what measurements they are using, and for some dumb reason I thought it meant 2c. Water....well it should have been two T water. so the breading wasn't all that great.  So here is that recipe:

  • 2/3c GF Bisquick
  • 2T water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2c cheddar cheese *i used pizza cheese*
  • 2T oil *i used EVOO*
  • 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 3/4c BBQ sauce *I used GV Honey BBQ*
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9-inch pie pan or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.  In small bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, water, and egg. Spread in bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan; sprinkle with 1 1/4c cheese.  *I also sprinkled some Garlic and Herb seasoning on the cheese*.
  2. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Cook chicken in oil, stirring occasionally, until white on the outside; drain.  Stir in barbecue sauce; heat just until hot.  Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edge.
  3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edge is dark golden brown.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/4c cheese.  Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese melts; loosen from side of pan.
My son even ate it, and he doesn't really like BBQ or breading, so it was a hit in our house *other than a few complaints about the breading which i'm not surprised since i didn't do it right. 


Hope you all enjoy it too! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment